Pescetarian Noncommittal


I put the tiniest tippy toe in, by giving myself a two week Pescetarian challenge. Today is the last day, and I have to say it's been great.

For those unfamiliar with pescetarianism, it's basically a the halfway house between full fledge omnivores and vegetarians. You can still eat seafood, but no land mammals. So far I've had seafood about twice a week, mostly at restaurants. I'm not commenting on morality or politics, just mentioning this because I've discovered a few things:

1. It was much, much easier than I thought it would be.
2. It made eating within my calorie goals a lot easier because it cut out some of the most calorie dense foods.
3. Between cutting out meat and getting better sleep, I've felt truly energetic all day.


So in light of how easy this adjustment has been, I'm going to continue the challenge for two more weeks. But I'm not going to make any plans for after that. So I'm considering myself briefly pescetarian noncommittal. Which, when combined with being a secular progressive, seems like a lot of syllables to describe a fairly simple lifestyle: veggies, fish, and universal health care.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's great! I really don't like fish, so I'm always impressed by people who eat a lot of it, lol!
Glad to hear you're feeling so great!

Hanlie said...

What a great challenge! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I had been jonesing for some fish for a while, and finally treated myself to some grilled fish this morning when out shopping. It was delicious!