To Celebrate the Good Days

"Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days."




I got home late last night, tired, dirty, sweaty, and so very happy.  After four days of drinking, canoeing, playing on the beach, cooking around a campfire, and hanging out with old friends, I feel rejuvenated and completely at peace. 



When I post my check in for the Healthy You Challenge tonight, I'll talk about the food and drink choices I made during the weekend, and how they affected my goals for the week. Right now I just wanted to post some photos from my trip and to relay how fabulous and content I feel.  The calorie reckoning can wait until later.



I walked on the beach. I paddled a canoe for hours. I cooked veggies on the fire, and I drank beer from morning to night. I'm tanner, slightly fitter, if not any smaller. And I can't wait until next Memorial Day weekend to do it all over again.

2 comments:

Sophy said...

Sounds like it was an absolutely heavenly weekend! Glad you had so much fun :). I just started following you on Twitter and I'm looking forward to checking out more of your blog!

Drop150 said...

Thanks for stopping by!